Activity: Make a Number Chart
Make a Large Number Chart!
- you can make it on a large sheet of paper,
- or better still, draw it in chalk on the ground outside! (make sure it can be washed off)
You might want to make this a group activity, as there are lots of lines and numbers to draw.
Play with the Colorable Number Chart so you get an idea of what to do.
You can color in your big chart using whatever method you want.
Here I have colored in the even numbers, and then used a different color for 5s and 10s.
Plan your work ...
First think about what you'll do. Here are some tips:
So it looks neat when you finish:
- Work out how far the lines should be apart,
- Measure and mark the positions before drawing,
There are 10 rows and 10 columns. So if you ...
- mark positions every 60 mm, it will be 600 mm wide
- mark positions every 100 mm, it will be 1 m wide
- mark positions every 3 inches, it will be 2 feet and 6 inches wide
Note: You need to draw 11 lines to make 10 spaces!