There has been a mistake at the apple farm
Someone has mixed up the apples. Read carefully what has happened. Can you find a way to help fix the mistake.
- There are 10 baskets containing apples.
- There are various amounts of apples in each basket ranging from 10 to 20.
- 9 of the baskets have apples weighing 4 ounces each.
- 1 of the baskets has apples weighing 5 ounces each.
- All the apples look the same.
- You have a weighing scale measuring in ounces, and an empty basket.
- It is late and the truck is waiting to take the apples to market. You only have time to make one measurement using the scales.
Can we find out which basket has the 5 ounce apples?
See solution here