A full rotation is 360 degrees
This is a "full rotation" or "revolution" or "complete turn" or "full circle"
It means turning around until you point in the same direction again.
Other ways of saying it:
- "Doing a 360" means spinning around completely once (spinning around twice is a "720").
- "I gave the wheel one complete turn looking for holes"
- "It completed one cycle", meaning it went around exactly once.
- "It was spinning at 200 revolutions per minute" (but people usually say "RPM" instead of "revolutions per minute").
- "She went full circle on liking carrots". So maybe she originally liked carrots, then hated them, now she likes them again.
This image of a protractor shows that a full rotation is 360°
And Half a rotation is 180°, called a Straight Angle
And Quarter of a rotation is 90°, called a Right Angle
And a full rotation is also equal to 2π Radians, so here are some equivalent values: