A full rotation is 360 degrees
This is a "full rotation" or "revolution" or "complete turn" or "full circle"
It means turning around until you point in the same direction again.
Try it here. RPM means "Revolution Per Minute", how many full rotations every minute:
Other ways of saying it:
- "Doing a 360" means spinning around completely once (spinning around twice is a "720").
- "I gave the wheel one complete turn looking for holes"
- "It completed one cycle", meaning it went around exactly once.
- "It was spinning at 200 revolutions per minute" (but people usually say "RPM" instead of "revolutions per minute").
- "She went full circle on liking carrots". So maybe she originally liked carrots, then hated them, now she likes them again.
This image of a protractor shows that a full rotation is 360°
And Half a rotation is 180°, called a Straight Angle
And Quarter of a rotation is 90°, called a Right Angle
And a full rotation is also equal to 2π Radians, so here are some equivalent values: