Algebra is great fun - you get to solve puzzles!
With computer games you play by running, jumping and finding secret things.
With Algebra you play with letters, numbers and symbols, and you also get to find secret things!
And when you learn some of the "tricks" it becomes a fun challenge to work out how to use your skills in solving each question.
- Introduction to Algebra
- Balance when Adding and Subtracting (animation)
- Introduction to Algebra - Multiplication
- Order of Operations - BODMAS, or PEMDAS
- Equations and Formulas
- Inequalities and Solving Inequalities
- Basic Algebra Definitions
- What is an Exponent?
- Negative Exponents
- Reciprocal in Algebra
- Square Roots, Cube Roots, and nth Roots
- Simplifying Square Roots
- Fractional Exponents
- Laws of Exponents
- Using Exponents in Algebra
- Multiply and Divide Variables with Exponents
- Expanding (removing parentheses)
- Multiplying Negatives
- Associative, Commutative and Distributive Laws
- Cross Multiply
- Directly Proportional and Inversely Proportional
- Fractions in Algebra
- What is a Polynomial?
- Adding And Subtracting Polynomials
- Multiplying Polynomials
- Polynomial Long Multiplication
- Rational Expressions
- Dividing Polynomials
- Polynomial Long Division
- Rationalizing The Denominator
- Special Binomial Products
- Quadratic Equations
- Quadratic Equation Solver
- Factoring Quadratics and Quadratic Factoring Practice
- Completing the Square
Solving Word Questions
Sequences and Series
Where to Next?
- Learn trigonometry at our Trigonometry Index
- Learn about Vectors
- Learn more advanced algebra at Algebra 2 (College Algebra)