Measurement is finding a number that shows the size or amount of something.
There are two main "Systems of Measurement": Metric and US Standard.
US Standard Units
- Introduction to US Standard Units (with Maggie!)
We can measure many different things, but mostly we measure Length, Area, Volume, Mass and Time.
- Metric Area
- US Standard Area
- Area of Circle, Triangle, Square, Rectangle, Parallelogram, Trapezium, Ellipse and Sector
- Activity: Area of a Garden
Time and Date
- Clocks - Digital and Analog
- Analog and Digital Clocks Animation
- Date and Time Clock (24 hour and AM/PM)
- Adding and Subtracting Time
- Day of the Week you were Born
- Introduction to Days, Weeks, Months and Years
- Days Between Two Dates
- 12 Month Calendar
How do you change from one measurement to another? If you know how long something is in meters, but need to know feet? Or square inches to square meters? You need to know how to do Conversions!
- Conversion of Length (a simple intro to conversion)
- Conversion of Area
- Conversion of Volume
- How to Convert Imperial to Metric
- How to Convert Metric to Imperial
- Metric US/Imperial Conversion Charts
- Unit Conversion Method
- Unit Converter
How hot or cold is it going to be today? Is 40° Celsius nice weather? How about 40° Fahrenheit?
Accuracy and Precision